Re: Part 1: Last Night and Players
Like you say, we have been crying out for a proper no nonsense centre half. We haven't had one for over a year now since Guri got injured and the rapid decline in the team's fortunes began. What concerns me is that the Manager has taken so long to rectify this situation (if rectify it he has). It should have been his main priority during the close season. The lack of stability at the centre of defense and the resulting soft goals conceded adversely affects the confidence of the whole squad. It is similar to 2016/2017 when Gary Mac almost got us relegated despite our strong squad, when he took far too long to recognise that our goalkeeper was suffering a massive crisis of confidence. Thankfully just in time he signed Tom Lovelock (what a signing that was!) and we managed to avoid relegation on the last day of the season (it would have been embarrassing to have a stand at SJP named after the only manager in Hendon's history to have got us relegated).
- Part 1: Last Night and Players by John Rogers16/10/2019 14:59Wed Oct 16 14:59:10 2019view thread
- Hayes by Deadman17/10/2019 13:57Thu Oct 17 13:57:33 2019
- Re: Part 1: Last Night and Players by rwakeley16/10/2019 17:54Wed Oct 16 17:54:41 2019
- Re: Part 1: Last Night and Players by Dessie25/10/2019 17:49Fri Oct 25 17:49:17 2019
- Re: Part 1: Last Night and Players by Weston Don16/10/2019 21:11Wed Oct 16 21:11:45 2019
- Re: Part 1: Last Night and Players by rwakeley16/10/2019 18:13Wed Oct 16 18:13:02 2019