Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Bare Bones"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Bare Bones

By rwakeley12/10/2019 22:45Sat Oct 12 22:45:38 2019In response to Bare Bones

Views: 8318

I put the recent games in a theoretical batch. Poole, one of the best sides I've seen in the Southern. Hayes, I could have shot the lot of them, and today, well they were identical to the Salisbury, last season. One common Hendon perspective. The selection, not blaming the manager, all over the place. No stability. The loss of the central midfield pair is a hammer blow, but in reality short-term. My issue is what we are learning from this in an overall context.
Today, I thought the new lad at the back looked, comparatively un-tested but looked promising. The one player that really hit home for me today was Corks. Despite the odd mis-placed pass, (which you will get), and an assist for one of their goals - I thought the lad was everywhere. Read the game, picked up seconds and I think the lad, is really coming on. Strange thought entered my head. Today, he reminded me of Lee O'Leary, that conjured up some thoughts. One month from now, despite results, if we can make a more qualified determination of whom goes where and to what formation, I will be delighted. Then we can start to work on how to get the best out of these lads. I maintain our best influential players are around the edge of our own box and have to be constructively utilised. Across the midfield and up-front, has to be considered once we have the foundation in place. I want to see the new lad up-front to see what he has to offer. One other thing today, and of late, our quality of delivery into the box is poor. They showed how to win corners. We tried to be overly elaborate and gave back possession. Even in this phase of our development we can get the basics right. I had broadly written off this recent batch of games. Was not expecting things to be as varied as they were, but I believe we are getting to the stage where we need to start to see some semblance of stability with an identity underpinned by players with definable roles. Consolidation was a word detested by Brian Clough - I think we are, right now crying out for it. I also maintain we can go to Hayes on Tuesday and get a result.

Edited by rwakeley at 22:46:54 on 12th October 2019

• Collapse threadBare Bones by John Rogers12/10/2019 17:46Sat Oct 12 17:46:33 2019view thread
  • Re: Bare Bones by rwakeley12/10/2019 22:45Sat Oct 12 22:45:38 2019