Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Outclassed - Part 2"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Outclassed - Part 2

By rwakeley28/9/2019 22:15Sat Sep 28 22:15:48 2019In response to Outclassed - Part 1

Views: 7656

I would even advocate that even today our best moments, and even in recent home games, have stemned from our centre-halfs distribution. It gives extra leverage and yardage. Defensively today, I thought we were all at sea, the constant changes. Is the lad on loan up-front a help or a hindrence at this point? I do think in trying to read the Gaffers mind, he has settled on the 3 up front notion. Are we just accomodating personnel or do we try and function as a unit incorporating the left/right backs? We look some way off. Hardly a lost cause. I do have a problem with our central midfield duo - whoever it is. I think they play in-front of eachother and then the lad screening the defence gets drawn in and is often seen in their position. Teams like Harrow, Dorch, Swindon et al, all move their midfields in solid banks. Naploeon would love it. It's effective. We look dis-jointed. These are the teams we constantly struggle against. Matty has a strike-rate of 1 in 5, identical to the Maclaren legend. He and his chosen opperative have the similar traits, but again the contrast in roles is evident. I think next week characterizes a real roll up the sleeves, keep it on the deck, kinda day. We are definitely in it. Post that, we need to work on a style of play to incorporate our best attibutes out of our fowards. I was hoping the first 45 v Deeping we had found rock bottom. We could be slowly turning towards the upside, time will tell. We are crying out for a style of play. Today we were given a footballing lesson - maybe one day, not to much into the distant future we can return the compliment.