Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Thoughts"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Thoughts

By rwakeley30/5/2019 09:34Thu May 30 09:34:59 2019In response to Thoughts

Views: 2249

Personally, I would be surprised if Chaps hasn't hung up his boots. I don't do the legends stuff as I believe that is for players of a different era. I tend to highlight players of whom give their all when the going is tough. Kezie, one year at Earlsmead worked way beyond the call of duty. Similar with Chaps last season. I thought his display at Harlow as truly memorable. The lad was everywhere clearing danger that night. Top lad.
I tend to recall instances and can lose it in an instance. My memories are filed under the good, the bad and the downright ugly. A few recollections- The Good - Big Dave's late header vs Bideford - What a header! The FA Cup win at Dulwich - I beamed all week! I enjoyed that. We kicked their ass in their own backyard! The performance in a draw at Maidstone - rode our luck a tad - but earned some in the last minute. The Bad - Gosport at home last season - went home in a state of utter bewilderment. The Ugly - The 3-2 loss at Leatherhead. Spread across two seats on the train going home. A woman opposite enquired as to my well-being! I replied with words like despair, disintegration - no hope, all is lost, and the like. I had to explain it was football related at which point she completely lost interest!
I also recall 2 identical goals we let in in the last 5 mins at Vale Farm vs Horsham. Cut in from the by-line and stabbed home. Like a Vietnam Vet getting flashbacks, I can see it now. Every time I see a similar goal go in, I want to explode, taking the defenders with me into the depths of hell.
I may have some unresolved issues! Only 5 or 6 weeks to go!