Re: Crazy Money
It was incorporated into the mix to promote attacking football - It didn't! As eluded to somewhere below it instigated Championship wins by the likes of Wealdstone and Scarborough. 'Sterile' a tad unfair - Should be directed at those making this stuff up! The Stones won the league with 12 losses and a GD of +10! Scarborough, won a deluge of games by the odd goal having shut up shop. Teams with a robust, strong back line, the likes of Wainwright at Wealdstone a prime example, the centre-halfs at Scarborough being key. It worries me that the FA promote these continual changes, they back-fire and then later are somehow re-introduced!
The 46 league game campaign - the notion of 7th placed teams in the play-offs. It's all a false impression to maintain a fake interest. I wrote on here, 50 campaigns of Ryman play-offs, only once had a side finnishing 5th actually managed to go up! I think there's a trend developing, in-some-as the Premier League characteristics are filtering down into our realm. I worry the continual cosmetic changes reflect and only go to enhance what amounts to the footballing equivilent of the latest heroin fix. Clubs are becoming increasingly knee-jerk reactionary as are the managers. See what tomorrow brings - given the track record and the trends in situe - I worry for the non-league environment going forward. The word crazy is right in fore-front of my take on affairs.
- Crazy Money by richhend13/5/2019 13:19Mon May 13 13:19:52 2019view thread
- Re: Crazy Money by rwakeley15/5/2019 11:19Wed May 15 11:19:16 2019
- Re: Crazy Money by dw15/5/2019 18:27Wed May 15 18:27:47 2019
- Re: Crazy Money by ChrisHFC15/5/2019 21:50Wed May 15 21:50:32 2019
- Re: Crazy Money by rwakeley18/5/2019 13:37Sat May 18 13:37:34 2019
- League Constitutions by John Rogers15/5/2019 13:26Wed May 15 13:26:56 2019