Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "My issues lie elsewhere"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

My issues lie elsewhere

By rwakeley10/5/2019 16:22Fri May 10 16:22:40 2019In response to Re: Part 2

Views: 1929

Valid points. I have a problem in all this. I maintain history in football is a great leveller. Expense wise - no idea of what goes on. I would say that according to Rac Route Planner, there's no discernable travel difference from Tonbridge to Truro as there is from Hendon. That's where my problem starts. For me, several clubs in the Ryman have traditionally been Southern League. - Let alone geographically. Teams next to Brighton on the coast, are not deemed Southern enough! So the geographical debate for me is never going to end. The bigger problem I have, is that the Southern is being diluted and watered down in terms of quality. I think this is an opportunity to really inject some traditional life - a kick up the arse - into the Southern League. In terms of tradition and quality control, I do maintain it's very much needed. These people are looking at maps and don't understand the traditions or characteristics, let alone the consequences of their decisions. Not just being a Hendon fan with a view - I think they have this wholesale wrong. For the sake of the feeder leagues, and their viability let alone their ability to survive at a higher level, I worry they could be doing more harm over the medium term than good.