Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Good Signings"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Good Signings

By John Rogers8/4/2019 17:39Mon Apr 8 17:39:28 2019In response to Re: Good Signings

Views: 2005

Crowds are, I think, up on last season, yes. Last year we had a couple of larger ones with Dulwich and Billericay taking us beyond 3/400 in the league whereas this season we have been much more consistently around the 250 mark.

To come off a play-off final defeat into a new league with a completely new squad, struggle and increase the average gate is heartening.

It would be lovely to hit 300 on a regular basis, and I think its acheiveable in the next couple of seasons, but relies on the immense hard work that has gone on behind the scenes to engage with the youth teams and local community, the mental health initiatives continuing to bear fruit - increasing that and also existing fans spreading the word that win, lose or draw, SJP is a pretty wonderful place to spend a Saturday afternoon.

Looking forward to our visit to Chesham on Easter Monday. It's where I made my Hendon reserves debut in 1998 (floodlight failure notwithstanding) and revisiting earlier this season to watch Aylesbury's ducks cemented your ground as one of my favourites.