Please note: this site will be unavailable between 4.30pm and 5.30pm on Wednesday 17 April due to routine maintenance

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: A point closer to safety"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: A point closer to safety

By rwakeley7/4/2019 01:12Sun Apr 7 01:12:57 2019In response to Re: A point closer to safety

Views: 1897

Personally, still a tad apprehensive. My anxiety correlates to feedback from the Poole attendees. First half/second half performance. Many I spoke to at half-time today were impressed with the first 45. Objectively, I thought we looked physically short on energy. A lot of players puffing, hands on hips. What really concerned me was our apparent lack of movement. Second half late pressure we could have nicked it. Ironically, I thought the most likely chance of both teams scoring was when we had a corner! A sigh of relief when their lad, Diaz, went off. The stats tell the story. No team has scored first in the league more than us 62% We have scored first in 12 out of 18 home games and yet have the third worst home record. We have a second half SJP-ITIS. I would also advocate the likes of Poole and Weymouth, our recent best performances have originated due to a more condusive style. Further down the line, I would also advocate that we could develop a style which could at best tear the ruddy league up. It's where we are in the development cycle. Late in the day as it is. I think we are all constantly learning to adapt to this environment and how to combat sides which are nothing more than well organised. Maybe, at home, taking more lessons on board of what they do maybe a short-term solution. Our possession and movement today were red flags. Our second halfs have been gung-ho playing into the hands of the opposition. There does appear to be a clear clash of styles and one we have struggled to come to terms with. I thought today really drove that home. Clearly going route one isn't working. We should be fine, my thoughts are at odds at how we move forward. Shout-out for Connor and Luke - consistent performers. Not once have I questioned our desire. The body language today for me today was a giveaway. Players questioning each-other a tad. Understandable. An indication that we need to get more efficient. Some mobility all round required. Taking a leaf out of what the oppositions are doing to us. Keep possession better.
Keep at it - We are right behind you. The elation post Poole. Let's get past this phase and move on.