Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "It's Official - I'm Worried!"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

It's Official - I'm Worried!

By rwakeley24/3/2019 11:43Sun Mar 24 11:43:23 2019In response to Re: Still not happy

Views: 1915

Yesterday was truly shocking. We are in huge trouble. So many home games this season, you look how the opposition set-up and within five minutes you start realise you are going to struggle to stay in contention. We have to get goals if we are to survive. Recent up-front take-away. Staines, not the best barometer, I thought Connor looked fresh - yesterday, not surprisingly, his head dropped. There's no interaction. My problem surrounds the form of Shaq. I very rarely question players in this way, but yesterday, and I think it's been coming. He looked as if his confidence had evaporated. Failed to pass anybody or the ball. Accomodating Connor is a definable problem - Our forwards struggle to find any harmony. I was surprised in that context that Toomey, for his energy alone wasn't given a burst. (Presuming he was fit) Shaq played far better around Ricardo. I think there is a distinction. Dropping Shaq would be a huge call - 2012 season we had Mazzone in our ranks, briefly - didn't work - 48 goal season - Ngoyi came along and moved us on. Then players in the mould of Kezie (he played for Enfield yesterday - I looked) - That's where my mind is at! The likes of a Leon Smith type and I would imagine where-ever we are next season is probably the likelihood of what we need at some stage further down the road either in a partnership or a new strike-force. As for Matty, walking off he suggested he reacted to being initially kicked - no idea - him and me both. That could do more damage than the keeper making a ricket. A test of character all round - for eerybody. Time to dig deep.