Past relegation dog-fights my thoughts have been on the oppositions and our own SWOT kinda stuff. This feels different to me in some-much-as, I think our problems have been underpinned by the stats. My take-away on this season across most leagues/cup games has placed onus on the team scoring first. Overwhelmingly, the sides scoring first have gone on to do draw/win. Hendon have been the exception.
In 34 league games we've taken the lead a very impressive 21 times - more than any other team. 71% of the games at SJP and yet we have such a mediocre home record. I've sought to think in recent games the lad Hope has been indicative of our problems - I do think we have tended to start the 2nd 45 in a far deeper, more fragmented way. Getting stretched, resorting to going long. No team in the league has scored a higher percentage of their goals in the first half, (nearly 60%), than Hendon. Our style of play is clearly at odds with that of most sides in this division. Home game v Weymouth, I thought we looked more in common with them than that of many of the sides we frequently play. At least in terms of a blue-print That's a thought to be carried over into next season. No acqusations surrounding the level of commitment. They've worked exceptionally hard - we need to put this issue to bed as quickly as possible - starting at Staines.
- Dorchester.... by embee13/3/2019 11:33Wed Mar 13 11:33:39 2019view thread
- Re: Dorchester.... by John Rogers13/3/2019 15:23Wed Mar 13 15:23:10 2019
- Re: Dorchester.... by rwakeley13/3/2019 16:44Wed Mar 13 16:44:57 2019
- Re: Dorchester.... by dw16/3/2019 00:16Sat Mar 16 00:16:19 2019
- Re: Dorchester.... by rwakeley16/3/2019 07:01Sat Mar 16 07:01:27 2019
- Re: Dorchester/Staines by Deadman14/3/2019 10:01Thu Mar 14 10:01:13 2019
- Re: Dorchester/Staines by Mike Cox14/3/2019 19:27Thu Mar 14 19:27:30 2019