Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Basingstoke "

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Basingstoke

By rwakeley4/3/2019 17:11Mon Mar 4 17:11:28 2019In response to Re: Basingstoke

Views: 1959

Should 50pts be the pre-requisite, surely that would be obtainable. Personally, I've not been impressed with this league and hence would embrace the notion of re-joining the Isthmian crowd. I know it's premature, but my recent thoughts have revolved around pre-season and beyond. Overall, I maintain our biggest problem has being able to subdue the majority of sides in this league, many of whom, to me look utterly identical. Going forward, games against Hartney, Dorchester and Swindon will all have on paper a similar profile. We've found life difficult to counter-act their short passing game in the midfield. My main concern from a personnel stand-point, is the adoption of Connor. I like the lad. The only team with two scorers riding high in the charts are ironically the Met. Connor has a strike-rate of 1 in 3. Toomey yet to make his mark. The contrast with Mazzone and Blackmore at the Met. Connor and Toomey, likewise when up-front alone. They look isolated. If you go two up-front, then the role of Shaq is brought into the equation. I think whilst the Met have it sussed, we look stuck between a rock and a hard place. If anything our goals are coming from midfielders. I think Weymouth gave us some insight with their adaptation down the flanks. I do think we could have defended that better, having had several warnings. Maybe, two up-front, with a Connor as a component or as a sub impact, longer-term out. I do think it's a difficult issue, and should he be on board next season, one that requires serious consideration. As for Saturday, go there and get stuck in. I would envisage their maybe areas to run into. An almost nothing to lose scenario. Go out there and cause some consternation.