Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Gaffer Tape"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Gaffer Tape

By John Rogers7/1/2019 10:04Mon Jan 7 10:04:28 2019In response to Gaffer Tape

Views: 1859

I thought the first half was the best I've seen from us since the first 20 minutes at Gosport. There was a noticeable structure to the side, Tanasheh carried a threat down the left flank and Elliott looked mean with players up around him, supporting him. We didn't threaten the Langley goal enough when, I thought, they looked there for the taking.

Second half they switched things up, brought on arguably their best player in Mitchell Weiss and started to press us much higher up the pitch. We didn't have an answer to it. The two goals conceded were pretty drab, to say the least and again, as soon as the equaliser went in the writing was on the wall. Harriott's ugly late dismissal smacked of someone fed up with working his nuts off for little or now reward.

Speaking to the management team after the game, they're under no illusions as to where we are at the moment and where we're lacking. I admire that - I'd be far more concerned if they were citing bad luck all the time and talking about us deserving more than we're getting.

A tough run of games coming up, the boys just need to keep battling for every ball, working hard and trying to create a little more in the final third.