Please note: this site will be unavailable between 4.30pm and 5.30pm on Wednesday 17 April due to routine maintenance

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: This reminds me of 2016-17"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: This reminds me of 2016-17

By rwakeley2/1/2019 11:15Wed Jan 2 11:15:47 2019In response to Re: This reminds me of 2016-17

Views: 1979

Similar to Frome - similar goal, looking at how Hammond and they exposed us down the flank in the latter stages, pegging us back. Frankly, they had numerous chances. I thought their finishing was poor - least they created chances. I think that is our real quandry. How we feed off Calcutt. Arial stuff and flicks on to no-one in particular, we have to link up on the floor. He can't do it alone. Is Toomey a good fit - more-over how to fit him in. Shaq, presumably would have to go wide, given Harriott is in. Does that make Toomey more of an impact type, similar to Kearney? This lad McVey, is a potenially viable partner alongside Harriott - I read on his bio the lad has played wide midfield - So we have a deluge of options. There's still the options of Mbengui and Brown each of which have a viable claim. God help the manager sorting this one out - the more we try to improve, the worse it gets! I do think we are on track, but as for the best combinations - No idea - This feels like pre-season in January! I've never seen anything like our centre-half predicament - presume the lad Locke was injured (after two games). That's 18 different players starting in the last 4 matches. That's a mess. We need some luck on the injury front and to resemble something of a team. I think working around Calcutt remains the key - once we have solidity at the back, the pieces will hopefully begin to fall in place. I do maintain we have the semblance of a solid unit. It's difficult to evaluate the players given the multitude of options. It's going to take a while - but could be favourable. I did think lads looked a tad lethargic, It's draining us all, it can equally revive to the upside once the picture becomes clearer.