Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: The Tandem Show"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: The Tandem Show

By rwakeley14/11/2018 17:21Wed Nov 14 17:21:49 2018In response to The Tandem Show

Views: 2008

On the back of Biggles, probably the perfect game at the right time. We have now scored first in 10 out of 12 league games. Nice trait. These lads looked primed. Mentally and physically. Star of the show for me was the lad Lucian. Playing around the half-way line, I thought he looked purposeful going forward, linking up when necessary, also dropping back, always available. The lad Cole, in contrast, is a real handful. Different styles, very individualistic. I've been optimistically looking at how the season may pan out. Both our previous play-off campaigns (inc cup-ties, excl play-offs) were identical in the games played. 36 games before New Year and 28 after. Should we go out the MSC in January we are scheduled to play 10 games less. Recalling how every game from February in those season's felt like a cup-final, I think this is a telling consideration. Squad-wise the gaffer maybe, able, in a perfect case scenario rotate and rest a few. This is a different curtailment than the past. It may prove far more beneficial. Time will tell. My main take-away from last night. The desire of the lad's and simply how much these guy's just appear to be enjoying playing together. It's infectious, maybe some of the players have bought into getting a new lease of life. Long may it continue.