On their forum again, looking at anything on another acquisition. Their talking stats. I can do better than that. Wait till you read this utter trash. Wenger believes a club needs 2 years to settle in a new home. Excluding play-offs - 50 league games at SJP win rate 44%. Away games, prior to last Saturday, 50 matches, win rate, rather spookily 44%. 2 very different seasons, but odd none-the-less. That got me thinking - Which England Test Batsmen best represents that kind of return. A 44 test match average - 3 England players - Cowdrey (Sr), Thorpe and wait for it - David Gower! Since moving to SJP we have become the David Gower of non-league football! Some, I know will be impressed - he does spilt opinions.
50, is generally recognised as a comprehensive average. Only one England player as an exact 50 average. I give you, your very own, ex-Hendon Denis Compton esq. Top lad, clearly play-off material in his own right. I reckon tonight, The Terras have gone all Len Hutton. We still have the higher average per game, around Kenny Barrington levels. Salisbury coming good, no surprise. They remind me of Joe Root - don't know why!
Hoping at the end of April to go all Herbert Sutcliffe! If only we could find ourselves a masterful Yorkshire chap!
- Wealdstone-esque by rwakeley14/10/2018 00:55Sun Oct 14 00:55:32 2018view thread
- Re: Wealdstone-esque by SteveHFC14/10/2018 12:45Sun Oct 14 12:45:13 2018
- Re: Wealdstone-esque by Deadman14/10/2018 20:14Sun Oct 14 20:14:23 2018
- Re: Wealdstone-esque by rwakeley16/10/2018 22:49Tue Oct 16 22:49:06 2018
- Re: Wealdstone-esque by John Rogers16/10/2018 23:08Tue Oct 16 23:08:09 2018
- Re: Wealdstone-esque by Bomber18/10/2018 10:38Thu Oct 18 10:38:54 2018