Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Wealdstone-esque"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Wealdstone-esque

By SteveHFC14/10/2018 12:45Sun Oct 14 12:45:13 2018In response to Wealdstone-esque

Views: 8948

I saw Connor play a couple of times for Barton Rovers (their ground is only 15 minutes drive from home) when Jimmy was manager there, and he looked very good. Was approached by a Farnborough fan ahead of the game yesterday, who was very complimentary about Connor. Certainly looked like he has plenty to offer based on the half hour or so he played.

Really impressed yesterday, not so much with the quality of the football on offer - the pitch certainly didn't help there, but with the character, commitment and desire we showed to fight back twice, and go on to win the game. It was a real team performance, everyone contributed to the victory.

The other impressive thing was the amount of travelling support - Daz and I reckoned there were at least 80 of us there before the game, don't know what others think.

If you'd offered me 3Q in the FA Cup and 2nd in the league in mid October at the start of the season - regardless of whether Gary or Jimmy was the manager, I'd certainly have taken it.

Looking forward to seeing what the next few weeks have to offer.