Upon reading our latest acquisition I sought solace in the Wealdstone forum (history). Sure enough, the picture unfolds. Our gaffer has clearly sought solace in a top lad. Someone in the same timeframe alongside the likes of Beckford and Jolls. He looks the part having gained some physical growth. A lucky break perhaps, but something which can clearly add a cutting edge. That Stones side had the likes of Godfrey and Matt Ball in support and without being critical, I maintain that is icing on the cake as far as we are now positioned. As to how Friday's addition changes the formation (2 up-front as opposed to 3), that's almost immaterial as the pieces fall into place. Fantastic addition - great attributes - an en-hanced version of a Mazzone type - and then some. Well done to all.
As for today, in that context, both teams, every goal a by-product of failing to defend on the edge of the box. Characteristics bourne out by link-up play through-out the middle. We miss our centre-half, but must do better in the basics irrespective. Impressed with Chapps overall delivery. The midfield, now is clearly the key - it needs similar evolution. But wow, where we are - frustrating aspects aside - magnificent job. Growing increasingly in admiration of the guy at the helm. Today was a small step for the play-offs and a giant step for Hendon-kind. Well Done.
- Wealdstone-esque by rwakeley14/10/2018 00:55Sun Oct 14 00:55:32 2018view thread
- Re: Wealdstone-esque by SteveHFC14/10/2018 12:45Sun Oct 14 12:45:13 2018
- Re: Wealdstone-esque by Deadman14/10/2018 20:14Sun Oct 14 20:14:23 2018
- Re: Wealdstone-esque by rwakeley16/10/2018 22:49Tue Oct 16 22:49:06 2018
- Re: Wealdstone-esque by John Rogers16/10/2018 23:08Tue Oct 16 23:08:09 2018
- Re: Wealdstone-esque by Bomber18/10/2018 10:38Thu Oct 18 10:38:54 2018