Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Dorchester saturday"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Dorchester saturday

By John Rogers30/9/2018 12:50Sun Sep 30 12:50:54 2018In response to Re: Dorchester saturday

Views: 2089

The first half felt like a bit of a friendly for the most part. Both sides making use of the good surface to stroke the ball about nicely in their defensive and the midfield thirds, but with very little penetration in the final third. That said, what chances there were fell to the hosts and they looked the better side in the first period.

Unfortunately, I missed the opening minute of the second half, hence missing the sitter from the Dorchester striker just after the break (apologies for that) - I thought we were the better side in the second period by a reasonable distance, particularly after we'd gone ahead.

I thought Luke slotted in alongside Romario nicely after Guri went off, Romario continues to quietly impress when he keeps things nice and simple. Also thought Matty Newman added a little bit in midfield, he was industrious, energetic and used the ball well - there were promising signs of Ricardo and Shaq linking up nicely in the second half as well. It's good to see Shaq get another goal, it looks like he might be able to share a little bit of the goalscoring burden.

A good afternoon, a lovely drive down to Salisbury and then through the heart of Wessex, and then back through the New Forest and a couple of nice Hampshire towns to avoid the M27. Dorchester's ground is without questions the best I've been to for quite some time, it's big but you don't feel lost in it like you did at, say, Kingsmeadow. Friendly bunch too, met a familiar face who is a Dorch fan who was down from London visitng family - was good to chat with him for a bit too.

Still think there is a sticky run to be had at some point where results don't come, but once again the effort, application and togetherness was absolutey spot on. Well done, boys.

I noticed that Lancing won 8-4 yesterday with one of their lads netting six of the goals. It won't be easy Tuesday, hopefully we can get through though and bank a further £9k.