Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Yet more thoughts"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Yet more thoughts

By rwakeley17/9/2018 21:11Mon Sep 17 21:11:42 2018

Views: 1954

Staines gaffer gone, which sort of underpinned some stuff. I watched their recent vid vs Salisbury. Defence all at sea, average age 23. In contrast, I thought their vid vs Poole, they appeared to demonstrate midfield link-up. First take-away, our midfield. I feel for our gaffer right now. I think both Cole and Prince have played their most promising displays only to get subsequently side-lined. We've not yet had a chance to see the 3 lads up-front together. The Staines games interesting as contrast. I do think there is an overall tendancy across most sides in this division either to go long or do so as a fall-back provision to mask short-comings. In terms of comparison with the Isthmian. The likes of Tonbridge, Folkestone, Margate ext, would never do that. It's not in their DNA. They would be more prone to stick to their principles. I've been grappling with how to incorporate the lad Marvin. Thoughts thrown back to Tonbridge - the lad Elder - top scorer 2015/16. Those crosses down at their place. Combined with German, now that's a thought! Where's that lad Speedy Gonzales these days?
I watched Howie on Saturday. Last time with us he pushed much more forward and overlapped. His crosses are far deeper and diagonal, a bit hit and miss. I do think if we can get his role defined, with someone in front, the supply lines for Marvin would be more constructive. This is a massive re-build and will take time. But I do believe we have options, in terms of our own identity. I've seen one cross at Marvin this season from out wide - he scored! I maintain we are working towards becoming a really decent side, an amazing achievement given where we were six weeks ago. How this does evolve is going to be an interesting proposition.