Re: 19th May 1977
I've got a slightly different stance. I'm full of contradictions. I don't think Poole were that good. They looked physically stronger as a unit compared to recent oppositions. I thought the game was mediocre at best. I think our performance was dictated by our physical shortcomings - we look off the pace. Tuesday backlash perhaps. Rumour doing the rounds that the gaffer may play a second string this Tuesday. Don't if true - interesting to hear his thoughts on whether we need a rest or more games. Probably an amalgamation. I have way bigger concerns irrespective of results. Frankly, too many to list! I've come to the conclusion that the overall standard of the quality in this division is different in style than the Isthmian and probably less in terms of quality. I don't think the teams generally have a catchment area to recruit players. There's a lot of players with very similar profiles. Just woke up doing the rounds of the league, watched the Salisbury vid from yesterday - they may come good - but then Staines look woeful at the back! The table does appear to be taking shape. The real positive, we are up there - we should get stronger. Contradictions galore. The final contradiction - I feel as if I could write for hours - my head hurts - but that could be the guinness!
- 19th May 1977 by dw15/9/2018 23:16Sat Sep 15 23:16:33 2018view thread
- Re: 19th May 1977 by johnnybaker16/9/2018 10:57Sun Sep 16 10:57:14 2018
- Re: 19th May 1977 by John Rogers16/9/2018 12:13Sun Sep 16 12:13:44 2018
- Re: 19th May 1977 by rwakeley16/9/2018 13:00Sun Sep 16 13:00:40 2018
- Re: 19th May 1977 by SteveHFC16/9/2018 13:12Sun Sep 16 13:12:52 2018
- Re: 19th May 1977 by rwakeley16/9/2018 14:00Sun Sep 16 14:00:44 2018