Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Magnificent win in the cup"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Magnificent win in the cup

By rwakeley12/9/2018 17:07Wed Sep 12 17:07:01 2018In response to Re: Magnificent win in the cup

Views: 1914

I did think going into the Harlow tie it could be make or break for one or two. I thought it was a good match-up. Objectively, we are still an evolutionary project, I did feel if we worked hard we could turn them over. As posted above there is an underlying resilience -but you do need other qualities. My main take-away other than the sheer true grit was the performance of the lads in the middle. Stephane, what a shift, all round the team lack some finesse which is understandable. Start putting the pieces together we will become incrementally stronger and more clinical. I want to mention his side-kick, the lad Prince. Had anybody asked me for my pre-match opinion on him, I could have been on the pitch! I thought he played well. He read his role and moved and linked things up. Hopefully, an indication of things to come from the pair of them. Now for some consistency. I wasn't sure we could have gotten much more out of one or two - be nice to be proven wrong. With one or two in and out the gaffer is probably very much formulating is initial foundations. The work-ethic of the lads - top notch. They fought for eachother and going into extra-time I thought we looked the stronger eleven. There's an under-current of stabilty being set. Bodes well. Premature perhaps, but we could be in for a decent campaign.
Very well done lads.