Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Hendon 3 Walton 0"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Hendon 3 Walton 0

By rwakeley15/8/2018 17:58Wed Aug 15 17:58:34 2018In response to Re: Hendon 3 Walton 0

Views: 2356

That's a huge pat on the back from me. I would ascertain the additions of the lad Ricardo and Stephane have underpinned a wholesale change in the dynamic. The gaffer deserves a mention in that regard. As for the keeper - I think we'll be hard pushed to see a more match-winning performance all season. There's a lot of in-coming crosses and set-pieces, second balls, pinning around the box. Zaki, I envisage, more pro-active. Howie probably slightly more efficient in that regard when in the middle. I prefer the back line last night, but ironically, I believe alternative players possess different strengths and weaknesses. Best of both worlds scenario. Stephane, interesting lad, Son of Big Dave - a Viera type. Who plays along-side remains a quandry. Early days. I think the lad Griffiths improves game by game and a shout-out to the lad Cole. I had been totally under-whelmed. The gaffer stuck by the lad pre-season. Last night, I was reasonably impressed with the lad. Kinda reminds me of the Marcus Rashford! Lots of thoughts on that.
Another take-away. The oppo's style. I'm guessing that would have been more us had we gone down the Kearney route. Balls over the top and down channels. Still obviously a useful component - Just thinking we maybe evolving in a more dominant style. Interesting to see when he has a run-out.
Last night, way exceeded my expectations. Equally, way too early to draw conclusions - but hey - what James has already given an insight into shows we are up and running. It's encouraging. Well done.