Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Hendon 3 Walton 0"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Hendon 3 Walton 0

By John Rogers15/8/2018 00:13Wed Aug 15 00:13:40 2018In response to Hendon 3 Walton 0

Views: 52701

It was a good win.

The best I've seen collectively so far, things are slowly beginning to knit together and some of the lads put in impressive individual shifts.

It's hard to know at the moment how good a result that was - Walton got what looked like a good point against Basingstoke at the weekend, whilst Basingstoke beat another promoted side in Beaconsfield this evening, and of course, the big test for the boys will be when things don't go their way. Who has the character to dig in and scrap.

I liked the balance of the side, the full-backs didn't really get forward too much giving us a fairly solid base, Stephane Ngomvoulou really began to stamp his authority on the game as it went on, the two lads out wide had pace to burn and were direct when running at the Walton back four.

Star man for me was Danny Bonness, very good early save, superb penalty save just before the break and another excellent tip over late-on. More impressive was his overall command of the penalty area, positioning and handling. Ricardo German was excellent as well, he looks a real find - superbly taken goal - and Tyriq did well in the second half too.

Promising signs, still room for improvement but it's good to get an early win on the board.