Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Online tickets"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Online tickets

By ChrisHFC8/8/2018 22:50Wed Aug 8 22:50:52 2018In response to Re: Online tickets

Views: 2053

As one of the current turnstile operators, I manned the turnstile for two of our home pre-season friendlies. Pound coins, and the few two pound coins that were in the float, disappeared very quickly, and on both occasions I had to top up the pound coins from the 50/50 sales and the club shop. Even asking customers if they had the extra pound was more often than not met with a "sorry, I don't".

Another thing that doesn't help the turnstile operators is the number of people who arrive at the turnstile with £20 notes for a concession, even last season when the concession was £5. It's very easy to run out of fivers in those circumstances, when the only option then is to use pound coins for part of the change. Under 18s who offer a £10 note for a £1 ticket are just as popular in my book.

The turnstile operators have a reasonable float to start with, but the supply of fivers and pound coins can very quickly disappear in giving change.

The people I appreciate most when on turnstile duty are those who pay the full amount in coins - but preferably nothing below 50p coins - and those who offer the extra pound (or two if buying two tickets) without being asked.

Anything the club can do to alleviate the problem of potential lack of change in the turnstile has my support, and online ticketing is one solution. The company concerned is one I have been using on behalf of a different organisation for the last eight years.

Finally, a plea to all supporters, whether from Hendon or elsewhere - please don't assume that the turnstile operator at any club will be able to give you change; instead, please make it as easy as possible for the turnstile operator by tendering the right money, or if that's not possible, by tendering the extra coinage so that you receive your change in notes.

Rant over.

Edited by ChrisHFC at 22:52:13 on 8th August 2018