Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re:- The formation"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re:- The formation

By rwakeley29/7/2018 10:12Sun Jul 29 10:12:18 2018In response to Re: Thoughts so far

Views: 2022

Irrespective of the quality of the lads, the formation of the side is my biggest issue. On the Leeds United thing. There European cup final v Bayern 4-4-2 Jordan, Sniffer Clarke up front. We have similar personnel. Villa v Bayern 3 up-front. This galvanizes my current thought process. Which bloody format derives the most effective utilisation of our resources? Until resolved, what's behind them is up in the air. We also have flexibility in targeting Marvin and through ball to Dylan. It's almost a case of too much information.
Presuming the lad Kearney gets the nod, this brings in the question of his partner and the notion of whether Hunte is best suited wide as part of a 3 man or along-side him in a partnership.
I reckon the gaffer prefers the 3 man scenario. I maybe wrong. My main concern with that option is the effect on the balance behind. The left flank in particular a red flag. I liked Plowright, could see him at left-back or midfield. I presume he's gone! Chaps needs cover and there in lies my dichotomy.
Defensively, Howie at R/B under the presumption both centre backs pass the test. If not, I think he may have to revert back, even as short-term cover. I would presume Laste has one of the midfield places nailed down.
Enfield will certainly give us a real examination - I think we need it to help formulate the big picture.
Personally, I have 6 potential starters - under no illusion this ain't no quick fix. Having said that, I also believe we have some interesting components and the basis of something.