Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Kebabgate is back with a vengance!"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Kebabgate is back with a vengance!

By rwakeley5/7/2018 11:09Thu Jul 5 11:09:55 2018

Views: 2583

Like most fans when a new recruit arrives one may feel inclined to do a quick footy style bio check. This new coach Rob Pattwell looks to have some quality in his own right. That's if I've got the right chap! There may well be a namesake connected to Welwyn Garden City FC - I digress.
If this is the lad connected to Amateur side New Salamis FC the lad has some pedigree - he looks the sort of lad who could make is way in his own right. I've certainly enjoyed the past 20 mins or so casting my eye over a part of London football I knew absolutely nothing about. The New Salamis side, recently involved in the Kopa League, have just gained promotion to the Herts Senior County League and have recently won the FA Sunday Cup. Playing in that side, none other than goalkeeper Joe Wright and up-front some lad by the name of Nico Muir. Past player Alex Addai just signed for Cheltentham Town. What I really love about this club -they have their own ruddy Kebab House on the high street. The cafe in Myddleton Road, North London, is literaally called New Salamis FC! A football club with its very own kebab house! How impressive is that? I do think it would be interesting to gain more insight into our past players extra curricular footballing activities. There must be some great stories. Great to see the Amateur game is alive and kicking. These lads just love their football - and the occasional kebab!