Return to front page

Newest article: Fund our Future plea by johnnybakerToday 16:10Today at 16:10:49view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: H&R should just move to SJP"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: H&R should just move to SJP

By rwakeley26/6/2018 12:06Tue Jun 26 12:06:37 2018In response to H&R should just move to SJP

Views: 9342

I agree - I do think this is an opportunity to consolidate. Pretty sure the gaffer will over time formulate his own style in his own image. I do believe the team needed to change. The characteristics of this division will be different. Mentally and physically strong is my line of thought, and moreover the formation.
I've never liked three up-front. I believe there's gaps in behind, the likes of short-passing triangle sides have caused the most problems - Met Police, showed up pre-season against the likes of Carshalton. The players of that particular type have limited defensive abilities. Right and left backs exposed, the flanks become a problem. It worked fantastically well, but against higher level, more experienced players, your isolated. Can the same formation work? Certainly at this level, but the Play-off final, looked akin to David versus Goliath. Maybe we need to get a bit more 'Wealdstone'. A few seasoned (non-pensionable), campaigners.