Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: As Corporal Jones would say..."

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: As Corporal Jones would say...

By rwakeley26/6/2018 10:55Tue Jun 26 10:55:38 2018In response to As Corporal Jones would say...

Views: 2272

I can't get my head around this - Wealdstone have arranged a friendly for THIS Saturday! Bracknell Town away, for anybody in need of a football fix. Play-offs finish in May and friendlies in June - This is utter insanity, I watched top flight non league back in my youth - one public pre-season game - an annual punch up with Shrewsbury Town down the road for the Senior Cup.
I actually believe it's to the detriment and counter-productive to have such a long drawn out implementation phase. I utterly dispair at the over saturation of all the competitions. The authorities have destroyed cup competitions, given preferences to the top earners and it filters down to our level. I think its reflective of our society with a constant need for a instant gratification. Shame no-one can learn to defend properly. All the pontificating surrounding every decision - the introduction of VAR is the icing on the cake. Don't even get me started on Test Cricket. Footballers can't defend and batsmen can't stay at a crease for longer than an hour.
It's diluting the standards - I want old fashioned stuff - today is just rubbish by comparison.