Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "This season"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

This season

By rwakeley9/6/2018 11:53Sat Jun 9 11:53:22 2018In response to Re: Hampton's Dawn Raid

Views: 2284

With regards to the forwards I'm interested with where the young lads on the flanks end up. That brings in the question with regards to styles of play. I've had a long-standing issue with the formation. Those lads, Ash and Zac were clearly instrumental in our Blitzkrieg demolitions last time out, but I have issues with it's effectiveness against higher standard defending - as demonstrated at Sutton, Dulwich ext.
I think this brings into question the new management's ideology in style. The ex-Stones, Bartlett apprenticeship I find interesting. A couple of years ago I typed on here something about Wealdstone's DNA being 'agricultural'
which was copied, pasted onto their forum, completely mis-understood and torn to shreds. I was actually paying them a compliment. The likes of Mckimm down at Tonbridge, I would imagine gets flack from fans wanting more of we had last season. And that's the dichotomy for me. As for the Stonesnet Forum, towards the end of last season, they were all debating how 'agricultural' they were. Ironic. I do personally maintain we need to be physically stronger in comparison to the last campaign.
As for Wimborne, I've been humming The lion sleep's tonight all ruddy morning - Wimba, Wimba, Wimba, Wimba Wimborne away! Can't get the bloody tune out my head!