Return to front page

Newest article: Fund our Future plea by johnnybakerToday 16:10Today at 16:10:49view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "CONIFA World Football Cup 2018"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

CONIFA World Football Cup 2018

By Dessie21/5/2018 11:18Mon May 21 11:18:47 2018

Views: 2661

Hi all, you may have heard that the CONIFA World Football Cup is taking place at non-league grounds in and around London between 31 May and 9 June. CONIFA, the Confederation of Independent Football Associations, is the football federation for all associations outside FIFA. There are 16 teams taking part, including Tibet, Northern Cyprus, Tuvalu and Matabeleland, and the grounds being used include Sutton United, Bromley, Haringey Borough and Slough Town. The final will be played at Enfield Town.

It sounds like it could be a fun event, the non-league equivalent of the World Cup. To give everyone a chance of playing as much football as possible there will be placement matches all the way down to 15th and 16th. Check out the schedule and see if you fancy it.

http://www.conifa.org/en/

I have a spare ticket for Ellan Vannin v Tamil Eelam at 5pm on Saturday 2 June at Carshalton Athletic. Ellan Vannin is the Manx name for the Isle of Man, while Tamil Eelam represent the 3 million Tamil people from the north-east of Sri Lanka. I reckon this could be more exciting than the England v Nigeria friendly which is taking place at the same time!

Let me know if you are interested.