Re: New non-league structure
Re: appealing the decision.
There are a whole host of reasons why I think an appeal would be a fools errand.
Firstly Staines and Harrow have accepted the decision. For us to build a compelling case without the support of these two clubs is nigh on impossible.
If we are to appeal on the basis of increased travelling time and costs then the FA would rightly ask whether we were planning to take our place in the NLS where travelling is of a similar level and also point to Harrow who are less than ten miles down the road and taken the decision on the chin.
I can't imagine any appeal is going to have any chance of success unless we go to the FA with a potential solution that involves an Isthmian club happily swapping with us. Not going to happen.
Perception, as Hendonboy says below counts for a lot. We have built a reputation for being a progressive and gracious club in victory and defeat. Personally, I don't like the message an appeal would send out.
An appeal is likely to be costly. IF there was a good chance of success then fine, it's worth doing. I can't see any chance of success and think we would be better off using that money to better effect to prepare for the season ahead.
We may only be in the Southern League for one season. If, say, Hungerford, Oxford City and Weston Super-Mare get relegated next term from the NLS then we are first on the list to get shunted back East.
I completely understand people's reactions against the move, however many of these challenges that I have seen are ones the the club and fans would have had to have faced in the event of promotion anyway. There is no guarantee that NLS football would have sent our attendances into regular 300 plus territory at SJP. Sure, for some matches of course, but for others probably not.
Let's focus on continuing to engage the youth teams, the girls team, the wider community and organically grow the home following at SJP. Let's focus all our energies on raising as much as we can for the club and give us the best possible chance of keeping Gary on board given the circumstances by giving him the best budget to work with and attract players with for the new season.
We should be looking to make Hendon a place players want to play instead of Kings Langley, instead of Harrow, instead of Walton Casuals, instead of Beaconsfield. That should be achievable at the very least. For me, that means taking this one on the chin and building as competitively as we can for 2018/9.
- New non-league structure by johnnybaker10/5/2018 17:15Thu May 10 17:15:03 2018view thread
- Re: New non-league structure by richhend11/5/2018 18:07Fri May 11 18:07:01 2018
- Re: New non-league structure by Warwickshire Dons11/5/2018 19:55Fri May 11 19:55:05 2018
- Re: New non-league structure by WillesdenGreen11/5/2018 23:35Fri May 11 23:35:03 2018
- Re: New non-league structure by Warwickshire Dons12/5/2018 00:01Sat May 12 00:01:36 2018
- Re: New non-league structure by John Rogers12/5/2018 09:27Sat May 12 09:27:15 2018
- Re: New non-league structure by Hendonboy11/5/2018 21:00Fri May 11 21:00:12 2018
- Re: New non-league structure by rwakeley11/5/2018 21:54Fri May 11 21:54:40 2018
- Re: New non-league structure by Claremont Man11/5/2018 18:02Fri May 11 18:02:02 2018
- Re: New non-league structure by Morgs12/5/2018 00:33Sat May 12 00:33:58 2018
- Re: New non-league structure FOUND US! by johnnybaker10/5/2018 17:17Thu May 10 17:17:09 2018
- Re: New non-league structure FOUND US! by David B11/5/2018 13:18Fri May 11 13:18:41 2018
- Re: New non-league structure FOUND US! by embee11/5/2018 15:25Fri May 11 15:25:59 2018
- That, in the words of Ross O'Carroll-Kelly... by Morgs10/5/2018 17:57Thu May 10 17:57:47 2018
- Re: That, in the words of Ross O'Carroll-Kelly... by Morgs10/5/2018 18:05Thu May 10 18:05:45 2018
- Re: That, in the words of Ross O'Carroll-Kelly... by rwakeley10/5/2018 19:24Thu May 10 19:24:25 2018
- Re: That, in the words of Ross O'Carroll-Kelly... by Colchester Don10/5/2018 20:32Thu May 10 20:32:14 2018
- Re: That, in the words of Ross O'Carroll-Kelly... by Deadman11/5/2018 08:11Fri May 11 08:11:08 2018
- Re: That, in the words of Ross O'Carroll-Kelly... by John Rogers11/5/2018 08:37Fri May 11 08:37:17 2018
- Attendances out that way. by Morgs11/5/2018 10:30Fri May 11 10:30:12 2018