Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: New non-league structure"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: New non-league structure

By rwakeley11/5/2018 21:54Fri May 11 21:54:40 2018In response to Re: New non-league structure

Views: 2663

My own personal circumstances aside, I do feel the underlying issue is one of perception. This move will simply feel to many, for different reasons, as a demotion rather than that of a sideways move. The increased travel by reaching the Connie South would have invariably been offset by larger crowds. We would have had Wealdstone and Dulwich in London rather that Met Police and Staines. Had we gotten relegated, we could have brushed it off and got up again. This feels as if the proverbial rug has been pulled from underneath us. In reality that may not prove to be the case over time. Short-term, like any fan, I worry about Gary and the playing staff some of whom would in all likelihood move on anyway. Does the presumed increased costs have any impact on discussions on contract negotiations. Probably. More important to remain a going concern than a growing one. Even that may not be a huge problem. The potential early exit from cup competitons would be a factor but nothing I presume we have not had to deal with in recent times.
As for the management - the difference between the two divisions, future player recruitment, and all its gubbins, well that's reality. We can't dwell on the fact we were two kicks from the Connie South. We have to face this new situation - we all have problems with it.
Interesting couple of weeks ahead.
Yes, I realise my error with Dulwich, we would have beaten them!

Edited by rwakeley at 22:06:21 on 11th May 2018