Possibly for the best.
Gary Mac would've fancied a crack at it and - who knows? - maybe catching a few teams unawares in August and getting some early momentum might have led to a respectable 18/19 season in Connie South.
In reality, I doubt it. There will be as many as half-a-dozen clubs shelling £10k per week up there. As a division, it's getting to resemble Connie North: when a team runs out of the tunnel, you look at 'em and half expect South Sydney Rabbitohs to emerge next.
Then, as pointed-out above, there are ground grading issues. They cost money.
I'd expect a few players to be tapped-up over the summer, so a repeat next season may be a little more difficult.
Looks as if it will still be Isthmian football next term, but a switch to the Southern League - likely to be welcomed by many fans, though probably not by the management & players - is still possible.
"Well done!" again on a great season.
Edited by Morgs at 23:46:18 on 7th May 2018
- Congratulations on great season by Mike Cox7/5 17:57Mon May 7 17:57:09 2018view thread
- Re: Congratulations on great season by PF7/5 19:32Mon May 7 19:32:10 2018
- Re: Congratulations on great season by ChrisHFC7/5 23:17Mon May 7 23:17:02 2018
- Re: Congratulations on great season by Mike Cox8/5 17:14Tue May 8 17:14:44 2018
- Possibly for the best. by Morgs7/5 23:35Mon May 7 23:35:14 2018
- Re: Possibly for the best. by Deadman8/5 08:15Tue May 8 08:15:24 2018
- Re: Possibly for the best. by John Rogers8/5 12:02Tue May 8 12:02:55 2018
- Re: Possibly for the best. by David B8/5 12:56Tue May 8 12:56:54 2018
- Re: Possibly for the best. by rwakeley8/5 16:00Tue May 8 16:00:04 2018
- Re: Possibly for the best. by Deadman8/5 15:57Tue May 8 15:57:01 2018
- Re: Possibly for the best. by rwakeley8/5 17:05Tue May 8 17:05:28 2018
- Ye Olde League matter prediction map by WillesdenGreen8/5 19:57Tue May 8 19:57:18 2018
- Where will we be in 2018–19? by David B8/5 17:49Tue May 8 17:49:42 2018