Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "great goalkeeping"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

great goalkeeping

By David B18/4/2018 13:15Wed Apr 18 13:15:32 2018In response to Re: Fantastic win

Views: 2256

Not the greatest cup final you will ever see, but much better than Hendon?s last two Middlesex Senior Cup finals. Neither team did enough to really win the match in normal time and I was delighted that there was no extra-time before the penalty shoot-out.

The most experienced player among all of the penalty-takers was the one who failed to deliver after nine excellent kicks.

Tom?s triple save reminded of the Robert Dyas League Cup final at Whyteleafe when Ben McNamara made a stunning double save right at the end.

Tom and Ben are very different types of goalkeeper, but both have been Hendon heroes in recent cup finals.

Funnily enough when they played against each other two months ago, the thing that struck me were their kits. Tom wore fluorescent orange and Ben was in shocking pink and my thought was, ?what would Ted Hardy have made of the goalies? colours?!