Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Doing it the hard way"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Doing it the hard way

By SteveHFC15/4/2018 13:17Sun Apr 15 13:17:50 2018In response to Re: Doing it the hard way

Views: 2126

I won't be at all surprised if Gary makes changes for the cup final - we're not going to be weakening the side if we give Sam, Keagan, Corcs, Dan and anyone else some minutes. That, for me, has been one of the plusses this season - we've not got a core XI, we have, when fit and available, probably 17 or 18 players who are all worth a spot in the starting XI.

As for yesterday, I'm writing the red card off as one of those things. One yellow for a mistimed challenge, and one for a moment of aberration when he handled the ball when attacking a corner. The fact it was Casey was unfortunate, but for me its just what can happen in football.

The performance yesterday after Casey left the field was superb - utter determination not to concede and ensure we got at least a point, and as the game went on I felt we were more likely to nick a goal and all three points. A draw was the fair result, but we really made Kingstonian work hard.

I'm not going to tire of saying this, but this group of players simply don't know when they are beaten and the performances continue to be of a maturity way beyond their years.