Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Good Grief!"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Good Grief!

By SteveHFC8/4/2018 13:01Sun Apr 8 13:01:00 2018In response to Re: Good Grief!

Views: 2241

Simply superb yesterday going forward - even when it went to 3-3 I still felt we had more goals in us. Josh, Niko, Zak and Ash were outstanding. Have to give credit to Worthing too, thought they played some lovely football, and certainly caused us more problems than many clubs have this season. I think had they not had such an awful start, they would have been in and around the play-off chase. Certainly one to watch next season if they can keep that squad together.

Obviously disappointing to concede three, but the character showed - average age of the starting XI was 23 again - and the fact heads didn't drop is credit not only to our management team, but also to the players themselves.

If I've worked it out right, we have Josh, Ash, Zak, Jake, Rian all playing their first full season at this level, Niko is only in his second and I think we forget how young players like Luke (21) and Keagan (18) are because they've been with us for quite a while now. Regardless of which level we're playing at next season, I believe this group of players have a lot more to offer as they become more experienced.

Plenty of football still to come - starting with Lowestoft on Tuesday evening. I'm not able to get there unfortunately - but will be following FootballWebPages nervously as I'm sure many of us will.