Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Good Grief!"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Good Grief!

By rwakeley7/4/2018 23:54Sat Apr 7 23:54:43 2018In response to Good Grief!

Views: 2183

For all of Niko's goals this season - his most valuable contribution may have been setting up today's winner.
I think in his altered role in the last two games or so he has fed the wider players when they have been in favourable positions with him facing towards goal. Physically, at present, I think he looks strong.
I would put todays game in the context of the last three or so, post Staines. Similar teams in quality. We can pick holes in the performances in each game. I think there's an underlying sense of lack of personnel, (certainly taking nothing away from those on the field of play) and clear physical limitations. Insanely on a day with four different scorers, my take was our lack of execution, putting games to bed. Soft shots from within the box, side-footed attempts at bending into the corner. Better sides will not give us the same opportunities to salvage points. The real positive is we still create numerous chances. A two goal lead is not enough.
I have a continual problem is trying to fathom out Worthing - the amount of shots they hit over the bar at home is amusing. Away from home I think they look like they try to impress. I know a lot of our fans continually rate them.
Energy levels maybe our biggest challenge. Tightening up on the basics. The foundations are there. Closing down, tackling, tracking - concentration. Uncharacteristic defensive errors, smack more of fatigue to me rather than that of underlying ability. The loss of Big Dave, Casey, Keagan and Corcs a massive loss.
The lads out there of worked miracles of late. The lads have had to dig deep akin to going through the wall in a marathon in order to compensate.
The amount of admiration the fans have for Gary and the lads is immense. Teams across the full spectrum feel the pace. Personally, I maintain as we stay in contention, if one or two can re-appear to off-set some fatigue, it can only galvanize us.
Keep going lads.