Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Talking to myself...."

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Talking to myself....

By rwakeley12/2/2018 19:03Mon Feb 12 19:03:35 2018In response to Plenty of thoughts

Views: 2427

Great news - I'm an idiot - at least I think I am.
I have lots of theories with this damn team. I've thought we've had some kind of Suffolk syndrome. Sunday I went forensic! I'm now sure we do - sorry if I've done the lads a disservice. I've turned my thoughts on their head and analysed Suffolk teams on the road. Including just mid-week games - then it got really weird, so I gave up.
Since 2009 a total of 43 games vs Suffolk Inc. Hendon have done very well winning 50% (rounded). In Suffolk, we have won 11, lost 10 and drawn only 2. Only 2 draws in Suffolk is obviously exceptionally low, so it's fair to say, you do get a discernible outcome. Needham this season and Lowestoft 3 each amazingly the only drawn games away in 23 outings. That is one conclusion. I would also advocate that the outcomes are heavily skewed towards overall form - we won all 6 encounters in the play-off season (inc 2 cup games).
The results do tend to be quite diagnostic in that regard. They are a really good barometer. I have a similar state of mind with regards to a mini North London table. So that basically covers the entire season - which proves probably nothing. 4 points of Needham this season to date with 12 more Suffolk points up for grabs. Interesting to see how it pans out. Despite disproving part my own theory with some facts, I do maintain there may well be something in this. Suffolk results to have some standout similarities.
So next time you hear this supporter pipe up about regional variances nonsense remind him it is just form and to what transpires on the day.
Just win tomorrow - I'll keep talking the tablets.