Re: Records, joint-records and non-records
Cheers, I was aware of David Hyde's exploits but was primarily giving the guy some deserved exposure. The history of this club is astonishing. I just think guy deserves a mention - I wonder what his actual record was? The mind boggles - and there obviously many more like him.
I love his era of football. Mud-baths of a surface, a ball that weighed two stone and clog boots. Barging the keeper in the net and Brylcream everywhere. They didn't complain about games at Christmas.
What have we got today? Plastic pitches, plastic balls, tramlines in the head and gangster rap in the dressing room. Can you imagine this guy taking a penalty with a modern ball? It would still be travelling when going through Coventry! Personally, I would have loved to have been able to have experienced that period.
This guy and his mates are like Rambo!
- Records, joint-records and non-records by David B17/1/2018 10:36Wed Jan 17 10:36:07 2018view thread
- Re: Records, joint-records and non-records by rwakeley17/1/2018 15:06Wed Jan 17 15:06:45 2018
- Re: Records, joint-records and non-records by ChrisHFC17/1/2018 16:39Wed Jan 17 16:39:22 2018
- Re: Records, joint-records and non-records by rwakeley17/1/2018 19:07Wed Jan 17 19:07:11 2018
- Re: Records, joint-records and non-records by SteveHFC17/1/2018 18:58Wed Jan 17 18:58:40 2018