Re: Records, joint-records and non-records
Harry Shearcroft does not hold the record for most goals in a season with 59 - I assume they were all for Hampstead - he only shares it, though at the time the article Rob cites was written that could have been true.
We are missing too many appearance and scoring details between 1908 and 1942 to be sure of anything. The last competitive match for which we have incomplete details is a home Athenian League game v Southall, played on 3rd May 1955.
Check out David Hyde in 1964-65 - 59 goals in 54 league and cup matches. He also scored 4 goals in friendlies, 3 pre-season and 1 during the season.
Appearance and scoring details on the website only include League and Cup matches for the first team. 'One-off' cup matches we've played over the years, such as The Will Mather Cup, are classed as friendlies as they are not cups potentially open to all clubs for any particular season. This also applies to pre-season tournaments we've played in, including those we hold.
Edited by ChrisHFC at 16:51:06 on 17th January 2018
- Records, joint-records and non-records by David B17/1/2018 10:36Wed Jan 17 10:36:07 2018view thread
- Re: Records, joint-records and non-records by rwakeley17/1/2018 15:06Wed Jan 17 15:06:45 2018
- Re: Records, joint-records and non-records by ChrisHFC17/1/2018 16:39Wed Jan 17 16:39:22 2018
- Re: Records, joint-records and non-records by rwakeley17/1/2018 19:07Wed Jan 17 19:07:11 2018
- Re: Records, joint-records and non-records by SteveHFC17/1/2018 18:58Wed Jan 17 18:58:40 2018