Records, joint-records and non-records
A quick check on my records shows the following:
The 9-1 win against Spelthorne Sports was the record home win for Hendon under Gary McCann’s management. The record win was 11-1 against Leyton at Lea Bridge Road on 15 December 2007, so it is our biggest win for 10 years.
Our biggest win in the Middlesex Senior Cup - actually our biggest recorded victory - was 13-1 against Wingate at Claremont Road on 2 February 1957.
The last eight-goal winning margin was on 9 September 1995, against Flackwell Heath at Claremont Road in the FA Cup and the scorers in the 8-0 win were Nick Sweetman, Steve McKimm, Geoff Pike, Junior Haynes (3) and Phil Gallagher (2).
Joe White equalled the club record for goals in a game, with five, but our goalscorers record is incomplete from a multitude of matches when the club scored five and more.
Joe, the youngest Hendon player ever to score five goals in a Middlesex Senior Cup tie, achieving it on his 19th birthday, is the third player to bag a five-timer, matching Tommy Lawrence v Wingate and Freddie Evans v Lyons in January 1931.
He is also the first player to score five in a game since Gary became boss almost 13 years ago.
More stats later.
- Records, joint-records and non-records by David B17/1/2018 10:36Wed Jan 17 10:36:07 2018view thread
- Re: Records, joint-records and non-records by rwakeley17/1/2018 15:06Wed Jan 17 15:06:45 2018
- Re: Records, joint-records and non-records by ChrisHFC17/1/2018 16:39Wed Jan 17 16:39:22 2018
- Re: Records, joint-records and non-records by rwakeley17/1/2018 19:07Wed Jan 17 19:07:11 2018
- Re: Records, joint-records and non-records by SteveHFC17/1/2018 18:58Wed Jan 17 18:58:40 2018