Re: Greatest goal?
The greatest Hendon goal ever ... a totally impossible thing to judge.
The first question to ask is do you think an individual strike is better than a team goal. The second question to ask is does a team goat require one outrageous piece of skill, great pace, super pieces of passing or a combinaton of the three. The third question to ask is the importance of the goal in context of the club or the situation.
Question one brings into play, Paul Currie in the 1981 FA Cup at home to Banbury, or Freddie Hyatt at home to Sutton in the League in March 1998, both from the half-way line spring – both entirely deliberate strikes.
Question two brings into play, Junior Lewis v Leyton Orient in the FA Cup on 25 November 1997.
Question three brings into play, Junior Lewis v Leyton Orient in the FA Cup on 25 November 1997. Tony Gibson’s goal, the fourth at Slough Town on 29 April 1986 to keep us up (Nick Sweetman’s 89th minute header at Hayes in 1994–95 was pretty important, but not as aesthetically pleasing).
- Greatest goal? by dw24/12/2017 00:20Sun Dec 24 00:20:51 2017view thread
- Re: Greatest goal? by David B27/12/2017 13:54Wed Dec 27 13:54:01 2017
- Re: Greatest goal? by dw27/12/2017 17:07Wed Dec 27 17:07:48 2017
- Re: Greatest goal? by johnnybaker31/12/2017 16:17Sun Dec 31 16:17:20 2017
- Re: Greatest goal? by John Rogers31/12/2017 17:26Sun Dec 31 17:26:39 2017