Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Dorking took a fair beating..."

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Dorking took a fair beating...

By PF19/12/2017 22:12Tue Dec 19 22:12:12 2017

Views: 2363

Forgot the lads were actually playing tonight and just flicked up flashscore and voila 0-3. And we had a straight red. The ability to dispatch lower ranked teams this season is pretty pleasing. Ok, against the better teams it's more of a game but the team is just solid as all hell when playing inferior opposition. Well done lads. In with a strong shout of a play off place at this rate and still got a couple of games in hand.

Apart from Dulwich (assuming 'ricay wins the title) who are guaranteed a play off spot more or less, the other 3 spots will be hotly contested. The Greens will definitely be in with a shout of grabbing one of them. Next 3 games with Brightlingsea, Harrow and Harlow all look winnable and we should be aiming for 6-7 pts from the 9 if all 9 is asking for too much. Harrow away will be tough and they'll be looking for some sort of revenge for the 6-0. Harlow ain't exactly pulling trees up this year but they're tough at home I guess but no one holds any fear for the lads anymore.

The only issue is keeping the side fresh as there are just so many games coming thick and fast. The gaffer needs to give a couple of the lads a rest over the coming games and play a couple of the fringe guys. Keegan Cole needs to play from the start IMO as he's been sub quite a bit lately. Niko amazes me though as he plays literally every game and never gets even a hint of a rest. The gaffer needs to hold on to him in the transfer window like his life depends on him. The guy is seriously something else and almost unplayable at this level for opposition defences. He's good enough for National league or even League 2 easy. If we lose that guy our play off hopes will be toast. Anyway enough rambling from me. Enjoy the 3-0 win tonight and hopefully a fruitful xmas period lads.

Edited by PF at 22:12:55 on 19th December 2017