Today - ish
Today-ish a fellow Hendonite accused my of typing nonsense. In my defence I'm usually drunk! So I'm going with this - I reckon today was comparable to the first test at The Gabba. A bit of ebb and flow.
As for Slough, textbook entirely predictable. I thought we under-performed. Their work-rate in the middle and long-distance shooting is quality - and quite unique. We need to work harder on the basics to progress. Consequently, I don't think we are out of this at all. Like the Ashes, recognising an up-hill struggle may get you over the line.
With regards to the FA Trophy, I watched top-flight Conference stuff twenty years ago and had a personal theory that despite being nationwide, it still contained regional traits. An over simplification would be agricultural up-north and finesse down south. Slough offer something different outside our traditional comfort zone. If Hendon are to progress we have to overcome these variances. Familiarity breeds contempt. Like our opponents today, our time will come. That could be us live on BT Sports in the not to distant future. Tuesday night is an opportunity to face such a challenge.
As a club, at some time in the future, we have to go on the road and prove ourselves.
Good luck lads - give it real go.
- Today - ish by rwakeley26/11/2017 00:26Sun Nov 26 00:26:39 2017view thread
- Re: Today - ish by rwakeley27/11/2017 13:31Mon Nov 27 13:31:45 2017
- Re: Today - ish by John Rogers27/11/2017 14:42Mon Nov 27 14:42:18 2017
- Re: Today - ish by David B27/11/2017 15:20Mon Nov 27 15:20:51 2017
- Re: Today - ish by Mike Cox27/11/2017 16:43Mon Nov 27 16:43:01 2017