Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Dulwich, Kevin Rye... fascinating."

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Dulwich, Kevin Rye... fascinating.

By Morgs22/11/2017 15:50Wed Nov 22 15:50:18 2017In response to Refugees Welcome!

Views: 2442

Fascinating thread on the main Hamlet forum, taking the form of a Q&A with the former Supporters Direct Big Cheese, Mr. Kevin Rye.
Mr. Rye, whom I seem to recall once failing to locate Claremont Road with a SatNav when he was due to speak, recently obtained a diploma in public relations ??? and is mediating in the landlord/tenant/council dispute at Champion Hill in some capacity.
If I had remained in that field and was operating as a PR consultant, I don't think I'd have chosen a profile pic of my fisog in front of a Shelbourne FC badge. The downward path from competitive games against Deportivo La Coruna to playing your league derby fixtures against Cabinteely, in front of 400 fans, on a club rugby pitch, should be somewhat more sedately traversed than the ruddy great snake Shelbourne landed on not all that long ago.
Anyway, Kev's not a bad lad... for a Womble.
Interesting thread. You could count the clubs in Connie South paying £8k per week in wages (players only) on the fingers of one hand. I'd honestly considered the reports of that figure to be balderdash.

Edited by Morgs at 15:59:00 on 22nd November 2017