Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Kingstonian "

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Kingstonian

By John Rogers5/11/2017 10:28Sun Nov 5 10:28:05 2017In response to Re: Kingstonian

Views: 2853

Agreed with the above. That's probably the first game I've seen where I thought we were beaten by the better side on the day. Kingstonian were excellent and had three or four players give 8 or 9 out of ten performances. Their number 9, Tom Derry, gave a masterclass in being a targetman and number 10, all in one.

We didn't really come close to winning the midfield battle yesterday, I thought, even when we were in control of the game between equalising and going 2-1 behind.

I was very impressed with Zak and Niko yesterday, considering they were up against two of the best opponents in Musungu and Vilcu they're likely to - Zak was hugely unfortunate when he hit the post and his cut-back for Niko's goal was excellent as well.

All in all, two good sides, theirs were just a little better than ours on the day.

Nice to see fans travelling in number from an opponent, that flag they had behind the goal second half was quite something to behold!

Very good gate as well pushing 300 - I hope having the youth teams engaged on matchdays can continue throughout the season, we really need to be bringing them as close to the first team as we can as often as we can to really build something sustainable.

One we have to take on the chin. Disappointed, but not downhearted.

Onto Tuesday.