Re: I actually don't care how we played tonight
We weren't at our most fluent this evening, but certainly at our most resilient. Defensively we didn't put a foot wrong and stood up to everything they threw at us. Tom's first save came in the final 10 minutes from a looping header, and apart from two or three catches and one punch, had little else to do. The two centre backs were superb again, Eggleton continues to impress and Corcoran really looks the part at the moment in front of the back four.
Going forward, Uchechi and Joseph were the standout performers - we couldn't quite get the interplay around the box working tonight as we have at times, but we still forced three excellent saves from the Needham keeper. I was hugely impressed by their number 5 tonight, he was outstanding, and when you consider that in the recent past both Gareth Heath and Luke Ingram have enjoyed profitable times against us, we marshalled them well.
A good and encouraging win against a side that won't finish as low down as they currently are. Another clean sheet too.
Not getting carried away, but I would expect another five wins should definitely see us safe this season.
- I actually don't care how we played tonight by rwakeley17/10/2017 22:05Tue Oct 17 22:05:40 2017view thread
- Re: I actually don't care how we played tonight by John Rogers18/10/2017 00:01Wed Oct 18 00:01:15 2017
- Re: I actually don't care how we played tonight by rwakeley18/10/2017 11:09Wed Oct 18 11:09:19 2017
- Re: I actually don't care how we played tonight by embee18/10/2017 09:26Wed Oct 18 09:26:44 2017
- Re: I actually don't care how we played tonight by ChrisHFC18/10/2017 23:33Wed Oct 18 23:33:00 2017