I'll admit to coming away from this one particularly frustrated, more so than Tonbridge and Brightlingsea - although Steve does make a very valid point, the XI out there yesterday were impressively young and some of the attacking play was outstanding at times. I thought Zak excelled just behind Niko, and the two wide boys caused plenty of problems for the Folkestone defence.
My view of the penalty wasn't the best, but even someone on their forum has described the award as generous and with that coming so soon after going 2-0 up, was a pivotal moment in the game. That said, we had the chances to have won the game comfortably but didn't quite show the efficiency in front of goal that we needed to in the end.
It was my first visit to the ground in Folkestone. Convenient, a lovely traditional set-up in a quite beautiful setting with the hills in the background - and unfailingly welcoming hosts as well. That's the sort of place I love to go on away days.
- Anfield-itis by rwakeley24/9/2017 01:17Sun Sep 24 01:17:48 2017view thread
- Re: Anfield-itis by SteveHFC24/9/2017 09:42Sun Sep 24 09:42:05 2017
- Re: Anfield-itis by rwakeley24/9/2017 10:37Sun Sep 24 10:37:54 2017
- Re: Anfield-itis by John Rogers24/9/2017 18:04Sun Sep 24 18:04:51 2017
- Paying the penalty by rwakeley25/9/2017 15:29Mon Sep 25 15:29:05 2017