Re: And don’t leave away games early
Sadly I failed to consult my crystal ball on Tuesday, so failed to foresee Mr Ballheimer's sensible exhortation not to leave games early.
Imagine my feelings having fled early to ensure I caught the 9:51 flier from East Dulwich. Taking shelter from the rain I looked at my phone in astonishment to see not only had we scored but won the game.
First off, I thought Dulwich played some fine football and it was fortunate for us that they had several of their first-choice players out injured. But for this, it might have been a massacre
Thanks to Steve for the video link. A remarkable goal. If it had been scored in the Premiership the pundits would have been drooling over it. That cross-field pass from Matt Ball reminded me of the sort of pass Gunter Nether used to produce in that fine West German side of the '70s.
Moving on, the greatest goal keeping display I can recall was John Swannell's in the 1-0 defeat of Enfield on 27 December 1971. Enfield had us under the cosh for the majority of the game. No mean feat given the quality of that Hendon side but Swannell caught, blocked, saved or punched away everything they threw at us. We won with a rare attack culminating in Andy Williams parrying a shot from John Connell only for Roy Butler to tap in the rebound.
That bit of history out of the way, I have to say Tom Lovelock's performance was of the highest order. Given the territorial superiority that Dulwich enjoyed, we should have been slaughtered but Tom stopped everything that was fired at him. A truly stunning display.
You have to have some sympathy with the Dulwich goal keeper. After the Billericay player scored from within his own half it must have been a sickener losing to Josh's strike having had nothing to do in the rest of the game.
- I've just broke the sound barrier! by rwakeley12/9/2017 21:56Tue Sep 12 21:56:47 2017view thread
- Re: I've just broke the sound barrier! by Colchester Don13/9/2017 08:13Wed Sep 13 08:13:14 2017
- Re: I've just broke the sound barrier! by SteveHFC13/9/2017 08:59Wed Sep 13 08:59:41 2017
- And that's why we bother by Scarborough_Rob13/9/2017 12:47Wed Sep 13 12:47:58 2017
- Re: And that's why we bother by Claremont Man13/9/2017 13:38Wed Sep 13 13:38:27 2017
- And don’t leave away games early by David B13/9/2017 14:50Wed Sep 13 14:50:59 2017
- Re: And don’t leave away games early by richhend15/9/2017 16:20Fri Sep 15 16:20:37 2017
- Re: And don’t leave away games early by Simon15/9/2017 21:03Fri Sep 15 21:03:31 2017
- Re: And don’t leave away games early by David B15/9/2017 22:35Fri Sep 15 22:35:26 2017
- Re: And don’t leave away games early by John Rogers16/9/2017 00:06Sat Sep 16 00:06:15 2017
- Re: And don’t leave away games early by Mike Cox16/9/2017 16:49Sat Sep 16 16:49:42 2017
- Re: And don’t leave away games early by John Rogers14/9/2017 10:10Thu Sep 14 10:10:37 2017
- Re: And don’t leave away games early by John Rogers14/9/2017 15:43Thu Sep 14 15:43:53 2017