Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: AFC Sudbury get the points"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: AFC Sudbury get the points

By Lamb_n_flag31/3/2017 15:07Fri Mar 31 15:07:43 2017In response to Re: AFC Sudbury get the points

Views: 2614

Interesting point Paul. I guess Sudbury supporters would look at it the other way: had the game had to be replayed it sets a precedent for getting games abandoned if you're losing at the time! However, and by my own admission I'm not an expert on Ryman League rulings, but I would assume that when a game is abandoned; for whatever reason; at whatever moment during the match; when the ref waves his hands giving the abandonment signal, and giving up the ghost from that moment on the score at the time becomes instantly irrelevant. In a sense, it still feels as though we have had 3 points deducted whereas Sudbury have not; so in effect I believe we have been punished harder.

Perhaps, by the very act of releasing McClaren, which, whether you believe he was responsible or not, and which may have been the right thing to do under the circumstances, rather than mitigating Hendon's case in the eyes of the league, might actually have been interpreted by them as an admission of guilt!

Anyway, as said above we must now move on and plough through Tonbridge tomorrow (that is in terms of playing them off the park as opposed to a mass confrontation!)

Edited by Lamb_n_flag at 15:14:32 on 31st March 2017